All About Physiotherapy For Shoulder And Neck Pain Specialist Singapore
It is crucial to understand that your condition and what you can do to help reduce your symptoms is half the battle. Acute neck and shoulder pain can be very painful impacting activities of daily life. Gone are the days when neck, shoulder, and back pain are only experienced by the elderly. Now teenagers are also becoming victims of it and at an unprecedented pace! The majority of them dismiss the suffering and get relief from it with pain relievers. They overlook the fact that medicine would not alleviate the pain’s root source. While medication may be a shortcut to relieving pain, its long-term effects can cause serious issues.
Reasons for neck and shoulder pain:
With the rapid advancement in technology, people spend an increasing amount of time on their mobile and other electronic devices. Their hunched back is much more profound, their side folds their knees, and they are actively using a handheld screen or working on their laptop.
Whether we like it or not, the condition we are in is causing us discomfort. According to neck pain specialist Singapore “Text Neck” is a comparatively modern medicinal term. This term refers to the neck’s discomfort and injury caused by staring at an electronic screen (smartphones, laptops, and tablets) for an extended period.
Frozen shoulder, shoulder bursitis, shoulder impingement, shoulder tendonitis, and rotator cuff or shoulder tendon tears are also symptoms that physiotherapy may help. Physiotherapy for shoulder and neck pinpoints the cause of the shoulder pain with a physiotherapy evaluation. A person may be in pain as a result of:
- Poor posture
- The weakness of the shoulder muscles and rotator cuff
- Damage to the cartilage and bones caused by arthritis
- A stiff shoulder joint, weakness of the shoulder blade muscles
- Muscle tension between the neck and shoulder
- Low shoulder and arm movement caused by imbalances between shoulder muscle groups
Types of physiotherapy treatment:
Physiotherapy for shoulder and neck pain typically includes two components:
Various exercises are used to rehabilitate the neck and spine section, ranging from stretches to low-impact aerobics. Any stretches and movements that the physical therapist finds appropriate for your medical condition can be used with active physical therapy procedures for back and neck pain. In addition to relieving pain in the back and affected joints, active rehabilitation improves stamina and endurance.
Passive physical therapy is used to relieve pain and help the patient achieve a higher degree of pain relief. Lontophoresis, ultrasound, heat/ice bags, and TENS units are some of the methods used to do this. These passive physical therapy procedures for back and neck pain aid in pain relief, stiffness reduction, and inflammation reduction.
Is physiotherapy the required solution?
Many people with neck and shoulder pain are uncertain if physiotherapy is the best treatment option. Suffering pain affects every part of a person’s life. The most challenging part of combating it is figuring out how to deal with pain properly. Physiotherapy helps you get back to have your highly active lifestyle. Back and neck pain can be effectively treated with physical therapy. The objectives and predicted results of physiotherapy for shoulder and neck pain are as follows:
- By practicing proper body mechanics during physiotherapy, further issues such as pain recurrence and potential trauma can be avoided.
- Physical therapy helps to get back to your daily schedule even faster and improves the general quality of life.
- Neck pain specialist Singapore design a workout program tailored to your personal needs to improve the muscles in the affected region and strengthen the body.
- Range of motion is enhanced with the flexibility drills incorporated into the recovery schedule by neck pain specialist Singapore. This schedule is designed to help you improve the range of mobility across your back and neck.
- Reduction of pain and stiffness. Physical therapists help relieve discomfort in the affected region. They speed up the recovery process by using passive therapies, including manual therapy. It results in the reduction of stiffness and pain.
How physiotherapy for shoulder and neck pain helps?
Shoulder impingements are a diverse collection of circumstances that necessitate management based on an individual personalized strategy rather than a set of standardized exercises. Physiotherapists or neck pain specialists Singapore are ideally positioned to help recover from this problem by using a holistic approach.
Physiotherapists or neck pain specialists Singapore include different beneficial therapies such as manual rehabilitation, soft tissue releases, and strengthening exercises in addition to advising you on the most suitable exercises for your problem. They also help you comprehend that you have shoulder pain, what causes are most likely to blame, and how to adjust your operation to reduce pain and speed recovery.
Physiotherapy includes taping, weight training, theraband workouts, manual therapy, and soft tissue release. The initial stages of physiotherapy focus on pain relief and early stabilization to establish a healthy joint strength and foundation. It enables the shoulder to function more effectively and makes a gradual transition to more regular activities.
More advanced and thorough strengthening, power, and ply metric work and continuous critical maintenance of the rotator cuff and shoulder blade stabilize muscles, which form the foundations of shoulder movement.